Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lazy Fridays.

Fridays are my days off, and I love it so much. I started out the day by making this Cowl Neck tee shirt. I'm wearing it today, but i am still iffy about how it came out. That may be because I hardly ever wear bright white tee shirts, they are usually off white because I get white dirty.

After the tee-shirt crafting, I babysat Chloe, and by babysitting I mean sat on Pinterest.com because she was napping. Then I came home and started on these delicious cookies. Except, really the only thing from that recipe i used was the milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels. Because the following recipe is my all time favorite base cookie recipe.

Pudding Cookie Dough

2 1/4 c flour (I use 1 1/4 c white, and 1 c wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 c butter, softened (I always use margarine)
3/4 c light brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 package instant pudding mix (I use vanilla)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

These cookies seriously come out perfect EVERYTIME. they are crisp on the edges and moist in the middle and they keep their shape without getting flat.

While baking cookies, I whipped up another tee shirt.

For both shirts I used scoop neck Merona tee shirts which I found on clearance for $5.60 a piece. I found the ribbon for the black shirt at JoAnn's for $1 a yard. For the scarf shirt I found the lace at JoAnn's for 8$ a yard.

Today is the BIG OCC Packing Party at Grace Church. We will be packing 15,000 shoeboxes that will go to "sensitive" countries, meaning that they are pretty anti-American and therefore these boxes are packed with extra care to ensure that they will make it to the dear children they are meant to bless. Another youth leader and I will be running around making sure that all the stations have all the supplies that they need to keep the assembly lines running smoothly. After the packing party I will be headed to babysit. Lastly, I need to disable webmd.com on my laptop because I currently think I have HFAMD. I am sick with a cold.

3 comments:

  1. We need to craft together! Love your picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes christie totally!! i am such a craft addict. especially since i learned how to sew. we'll have to wait a bit, because Dr. Chilcott confirmed my hypochondriac diagnosis of HFAMD because i'm cool and 19 and still get things that 99% of adults are immune to.

    ReplyDelete